Travel Group Luxembourg
The Travel Group Luxembourg (TGL) constitutes the largest network of travel agencies in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and its greater region with about 40 points of sale. The group has more than 140 employees and operates the brands We love to travel, Voyages Emile Weber, Fensch Voyages and Jerry Travel. TGL is a Joint Venture created by the two family enterprises Voyages Emile Weber and SLG to offer a broad range touristic offers to the inhabitants of Luxembourg and its border regions in proximity to Luxembourg Airport.
The role of the Business Development Manager is to drive the main development topics of New Distribution, New Revenue, Company Strategy, Reporting and Performance Analytics, CRM and Call Center Optimization. She/he has the mission to conceptualize the travel agency of the future in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and to pilot, test and implement those concepts. Existing resources within the agencies may be used for these projects in close cooperation with the TGL management.
The Business Development Manager works closely together with the different internal stakeholders of TGL. She/he is part of the Business Development Department together with the incumbent Procurement & Steering Manager, whom together will be building the cornerstones of the future TGL. The other key stakeholders from the adjacent departments of Sales & Marketing, Shared Services and Product Management will closely collaborate. One of the immediate critical projects is the building of virtual consultancy to enhance the traditional brick & mortar concept of a travel agency.
The current setting in an early stage of the Joint Venture, the post-pandemic context of rebuilding travel services and constantly changing behavior patterns of customers put this role at the center stage of the company.
Job classification and hierarchical attachment
The position reports directly to the CEO of TGL. It is classified N2 with access to all respective benefits and conditions including a variable compensation scheme that will be driven by the major key performance indices of TGL.
- New Distribution
- Enrich the traditional model of consulting customers in a brick-and-mortar agency with additional distribution channels. Virtual consultancy, mobile consultancy, etc
- Find concepts to increase efficiency of available resources (agents)
- New Revenues
- What’s consulting in travel worth? Challenge the current industry standard and find innovative methods that value travel consultancy
- Meet revenue targets to close the gap of traditional commission models towards newly set gross margin objectives
- Additional Responsibilities
- Drive company strategy by being a constant sparring partner to the CEO
- Work in close cooperation with TGL management to develop conclusive reporting dashboards to follow-up on company performance
Qualifications and Attitudes
- Bachelor/Master business related field
- High affinity with digital tools and working methods
- Understanding of changing customer behavior
- Capability to think conceptionally and approach problems in a structured manner
- German or French working proficiency, both languages are an asset
- Travel affinity and experience with travel B2C products
- Can-do attitude and high self-motivation to change and challenge existing patterns
- Teamplayer with a flexible mind
Place of Work
TGL Headquarters, 1a rue Jean Piret, 2350 Luxembourg
Interested? Then this could soon be your job.
If you have technical problems sending in your application, you can contact our support: email@example.com